By Stefanos Geroulanos
Read or Download An Atheism that Is Not Humanist Emerges in French Thought (Cultural Memory in the Present) PDF
Similar religious philosophy books
One within the sequence New Dialogues in Philosophy, edited via Dale Jacquette, Charles Taliaferro, a number one thinker of faith, offers numerous fictional dialogues between characters with contrasting perspectives at the lifestyles of God. The perspectives show the various commonplace positions: theism, atheism, skepticism, and different nuanced arguments concerning the nature of God.
The Metaphysics of encouraged communique takes us past what conversation seems to be. even if one of many twin brain has ears that listen no longer, this doesn’t suggest that the sort of one doesn’t listen in any respect. one of many twin brain has ears that listen no longer simply because such listening to is listening to partially, for deafness is part of such listening to.
Thomas Hobbes is commonly stated because the most vital political thinker to have written in English. initially released in 2007, Taming the Leviathan is a wide-ranging examine of the English reception of Hobbes's rules. within the first book-length remedy of the subject for over 40 years, Jon Parkin follows the destiny of Hobbes's texts (particularly Leviathan) and the improvement of his debatable acceptance through the 17th century, revealing the stakes within the severe dialogue of the thinker and his rules.
Martin Buber used to be professor of the heritage of religions and Jewish faith & ethics from 1923 to 1933 on the college of Frankfurt. He resigned in 1933, after Hitler got here to energy, and immigrated to Israel the place he taught on the Hebrew collage in Jerusalem. Buber wrote a number of books in the course of his lifetime (1878-1965) and is healthier identified for I and Thou and sturdy and Evil.
- Die Gabe und das Gestell: Luthers Metaphysik des Abendmahls im technischen Zeitalter (Collegium Metaphysicum) (German Edition)
- Corpus (Perspectives in Continental Philosophy)
- Warum ich kein Christ sein will: Mein Weg vom christlichen Glauben zu einer naturalistisch-humanistischen Weltanschauung (German Edition)
- Beyond the Philosopher's Fear: A Cavellian Reading of Gender, Origin and Religion in Modern Skepticism (Intersections: Continental and Analytic Philosophy)
- History of Islam in German Thought: From Leibniz to Nietzsche (Routledge Studies in Cultural History)
- Il volto degli dèi (Italian Edition)
Extra resources for An Atheism that Is Not Humanist Emerges in French Thought (Cultural Memory in the Present)
An Atheism that Is Not Humanist Emerges in French Thought (Cultural Memory in the Present) by Stefanos Geroulanos